SWAM'S MENU FOR CAPTURING REVENUES
In a tougher environment, professional services firms need to be more efficient and effective at capturing any revenue there is out there, now and when the market turns upwards again.
‘Sheep dip’ sales training programmes will not deliver the efficiency and accountability required to drive sales in a challenging environment.
Business referral team
Small ‘internal networking’ units with a maximum of 20 ‘members’ from various practice areas and sectors with possible convergence who meet once a week for one hour to share their (or their clients’) requirements and identify who can help.
- 1-5 referrals per meeting.
- One new job per month.
- Unit becoming fully autonomous within 6 months.
A workshop with a group servicing related clients/client needs to identify opportunities to change what or how services are offered to make the most of short/medium-term market conditions.
- Reasons to make contact with clients and targets once or twice.
- At least one new ‘hook’ to offer to clients and targets.
- 3 to 5 new sales cycles started.
- Project Set Up & Kick Off
- Draft Value Proposition
- Draft X group Methodology’
- Draft "Sales Process"
- Collate Outputs from Phase 1 into Simple Toolkit
- Develop Additional “Sales Tools”
- Define Tailored “Pursuit” Plan for Selected Companies
- Set Up Sales Pipeline & Sales Management
- Rehearse & Practice Using all New Tools & Skills
- Run Weekly & Monthly Progress Review
- Individual Telephone Coaching
- Team Coaching